VIRUS & SPYWARE REMOVAL
Viruses, spyware, Trojans, adware – there are many categories, but they’re all a nuisance!
What is Malware?
Collectively we call them “Malware” (short for Malicious Software). There are around 5000 new Malware created EVERY single day, so no wonder so many people are affected by them.
Some of our clients say they feel embarrassed that their computer got infected, but don’t worry, you’re in good company because it’s one of the most common reasons people call us out.
Common symptoms of infection
- Your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc), stops working.
- When you do a search from Google, the results you get look very odd
- When you Google something, you don’t get results at all, but instead are taken straight to a page that has nothing to do with what you were after.
- A window, from what looks like a virus removal program, pops up regularly/frequently on your computer telling you that you are severely infected (this symptom is probably no surprise to anyone).
- Your computer suddenly starts running really slowly.
- You start getting messages from your friends that say you are sending them spam.
What do you want first,
the good news or the bad news?
Unfortunately, NONE of the available security software is 100% effective in stopping infections (and it seems unlikely that it ever could be). This might make them seem pointless, but their real purpose is to reduce your likelihood of getting an infection, just as seat belts in cars only reduce the chance of injury in an accident rather than completely stopping it.
However, some security software is better than others. But, when you see security software adverts, they all show that theirs is better than every other brand. Obviously that can’t be possible!
We see lots of infections in Perth and of course we see what security software is installed on these infected computers. That puts us in the best position to give you unbiased advice on which software really is the most effective.
LET US HELP YOU TODAY
While we are striving to solve your particular problems, our staff will explain in clear, simple English what the issue is, how we are fixing it, and how you can prevent it in the future. We offer PC and MAC support as well, helping to service and solve a range of IT problems for desktop and laptop systems. If you are in need of our assistance, please contact Geeks to the Rescue via phone or email today!
Best of all, there is NO CALLOUT FEE!